How Different are You
How can an organisation achieve market leadership? Well market differentiation through customer service that exceeds customer expectations is great start. Combine this with a customer focused culture, organisational customer driven strategies and you will be maximizing each and every contact with customers to influence loyalty and to satisfy your customers (phew!).
In today’s global environment, numerous companies produce and sell the same products. With differentiation through service, customers can be fully satisfied to remain loyal.
So what are some key areas you can focus on to achieve service above and beyond your customers expectations?
1. Ensure all employees from the CEO to the front line employees understand the integral value of great customer service.
2. Develop holistic approaches, strategies and programs that are aligned with the organisation vision and culture in
achieving excellence in customer service
3. Empower frontline employees to make decisions in line with company guidelines to achieve first call resolution
4. View complaints as a second chance to get it right
5. Ensure all employees are involved in developing their own measures so that they understand the reason for them.
6 Ensure you recruit the right employees those who have a passion for providing world class service
7. Train employees in advanced communication skills, giving them the flexibility when conversing with a range of different customers
For long-term success, organisations need to really focus on differentiation through customer service to ensure you retain and grow your customer base ensuring you are around for the long haul.
Remember customers come on many forms – that includes internal customers.
No Fuss Decision Making
Any decision we make brings with it a degree of uncertainty, otherwise there would be no decision to make. To take the fuss out of the decision-making process follow these simple steps;
- Define the aim
- Collect the facts
- Examine the options
- Consider the outcomes
- Select the best option
- Do it !
- Evaluate the decision
Enjoy your decision-making!
Taken from the book; Managing Through People by John Humphries
In my position I feel very lucky to say that we have some of the best people in Australia working here. Our focus is what we call ‘one stop’ customer service.
That means you can talk with anyone here about any of your training, recruiting, consulting or project management needs.
So when you are ready so are because we want your business.
Kind regards Sam